Being diagnosed with any cancer always comes as a shock and induces fear not only in the patient, but the entire family of the affected patient. Leukemia is also one of those cancer that invokes much fear and traumatic emotions in the minds of the patient and their family. Leukemia is a cancer of the bone marrow that results in excessive uncontrolled production of abnormal cancerous white blood cells. This makes the normal white blood cells less effective in doing their primary work of fighting against infections in the body. As a result of this the immune system of the patient with leukemia becomes weakened. Leukemia affects mainly adults over the age of 55, and is now seen more in children under the age of 15 also.
Symptoms of Leukemia may include:
- Since the bone marrow is overwhelmed in making more and more abnormal white cells, the making of red cells also reduced in this process and the patient becomes anemic due to low hemoglobin in the blood. They have symptoms of anemic such as excessive tiredness, fatigue, labored breathing, pale skin etc
- Easy bruising and prolonged bleeding may be experience by the affected person since the factors that control bleeding such as the production of platelets by the bone marrow also get disturbed.
- More frequent and severe infections are seen because the cancerous abnormal white cells cannot function normally in doing their role of fighting infection. Low-grade infections, fever, mouth sores, and skin rashes may also be commonly seen.
- Lymph nodes that are normally not felt in the body may now be felt in the throat, armpits or groin areas. This occurs because lymphocytes that the bone marrow produces get lodged in the lymph nodes and they become enlarged and swollen
- Bone and joint pains are also experienced because the bone marrow is contained within the bones and as the bone marrow grows, pressure within the bone increases and causes pain
- Other non-specific symptoms of leukemia may include loss of appetite and weight loss.
If you have any of these symptoms or feel to investigate to ensure that you do not have leukemia, it is best to consult your physician for this. You can also contact the Indian Pharma Network and they can help you to get an appointment with specialist doctors and also give you access to the medicine they may suggest. To know more about the Indian Pharma Network and what they can do best for you Visit: https://indianpharmanetwork.co.in/ and/or Call Mr.Neeraj Nagpal on 9811747774.